Monday, July 20, 2015

Wild Corpse Plant - Coral Mushroom - Headbands - DIY Dog Treats, Yummy

June 24 to July 4, 2015

I am 3 weeks behind on blogging. Been busy and busy having fun.

We spent our first night at Jesse and Crissy's home and it is so quiet. Not 100% free of vehicle traffic but much less than what we are use to and it was lovely. During the day it is noisier, lots of trucks passing through from logging and dumping coal from the plant down the road. It is still much quieter than our old home or any where else thus far.
 
Jessie has been driving me around and showing me the different quad (4 wheeler) trails on the many hills within 6 miles of his house. So Kaiya and I have been pretty busy visiting the trails and then we go off trail and bushwhack and then find a new trail and we may go a mile up a hill in a few minutes or a 14 mile trip within 3 hours. I only wish I could do 10 miles within 6 hours with a 30 pound backpack on the Appalachian Trail. And I wish we were able to do it daily. Prosthetic doctor says my knees are too weak due to arthritis and we just get pooped out. 
Good thing I have a wrist brace. Kaiya took me for a good fall and I refuse to go to the hospital. Feels like a fracture in my wrist. Everything is swollen. Had the brace on for 3 weeks and I still ache.
Corpse Plant, Peace Pipe, and several other names. Native American's used this plant for many different things including pain medicine and to treat eye diseases. It is suppose to be picked in September or October. But while wandering around on July 19th I see the plants are dying already. Is it from the near daily rain for the last 5 weeks in Clearfield County, Pennsylvania that is killing them off? The town doesn't have an herbalist to consult with. I was hoping to inquire about how to pick and dehydrate them for future use.
Coral Mushroom. Have you ever seen a larger one?
Creek 20 feet up the hill from us, so tranquil to hear all day and night. Sometimes I think it is raining and I am hearing the creek.
A deer was nibbling on the mushroom. I wonder why they only take a little bite of this one and that one but very seldom finish the top of it. Do you know why?
I can not find what the name of this mushroom is. It is found in the wet woods of Clearfield, Pennsylvania in July and it is approximately 3 inches tall. I have only seen a couple during our wanderings. Do you know the name of this mushroom? Is this a fanned edge or scalloped? I am still trying to learn about mushrooms.
 
All these photos where taken on July 9th. It was just a brief outing along the hillside of where we are staying and I was looking for scat as we hear tree branches being stepped on all day and night and Kaiya only wants to rush up there freely to sniff, chase and play. We have seen a lot of deer and a fox. Our bedroom window faces the hillside so we get to hear all the sounds even better. Kaiya will sleep with her head resting on the wall with her noise up at the window to smell the wildlife.
Pickerelweed Wildflower Satin Non-Slip Headband Elastic Headbands
 

Pickerelweed Wildflower Satin or Grosgrain Non-Slip Elastic Headband available in narrow or wide widths

zazzle.com/CapeCodGiftShop (hundreds of gifts available and shipped worldwide)

http://www.zazzle.com/pickerelweed_wildflower_satin_non_slip_headband_oneupbandsnonslipheadband-256172787993297512

I like the satin narrow when dressing up and prefer the wide grosgrain while doing our outdoor activities like hiking. The inside is velvety soft and sweat absorbing. I am surprised with mine being yellow that it hasn't stained yet and it holding up very well and it fits on my head perfectly.
Homemade Dog Treat Recipes  |  landeelu.com  Whip up a healthy homemade treat for your fur baby! 
I would like to thank Landeelu.com
for these fantastic dog recipes
 
http://www.landeeseelandeedo.com/2015/05/homemade-dog-treat-recipes.html
 
We will be back with more to share
 
Have a great day,
 
 Spirit and Kaiya
The Wandering Gypsies






 



No comments:

Post a Comment