Thursday, May 1, 2014

Kaiya's Storm (Puppy Anxiety/Seperation Disorder), DIY Deodorant, Genealogy

Not only has it rained nearly every day in the month of April but it is pouring since last night and we will be getting about 2 inches.

Remember our 7 mile adventure on Monday? Well by evening, after getting some rest she was already bored. My knees were badly bruised, severe arthritis. I walk bone on bone. On Tuesday she already has started with the sighs, moaning, groaning, grunting, that just grew with each hour. So I took her out for a car drive, not good enough. Wednesday was worse and it was on/off rain. I should have just sucked it up, put on my rain gear, walked the 2 miles and let her run in the woods because this is what I came home to aft going out for 2 hours that evening (last night):
The living room, good job Kaiya!
Books, packing tissue, packing envelope, needlepoint floss and her toys
The kitchen
Shredded box, medical papers, needlepoint floss
The bathroom, also gathered from bedroom
New and last roll of toilet paper, a girl's best friend, thanks Kaiya, and a McDonald's toy.

OK, I get it, she is 11 months old, still a pup, who has a ton of energy and separation anxiety. We spend way too much time together and that is my fault.
Today the mess is staying on the floor and she is staying in bed. She creeps a few feet and I let her creep so her muscles won't cramp up but once she gets 5 feet I tell her she must go back to bed, which I have left in the bedroom. She can see me and the mess. Her friendly reminder of why she is being punished but the mess, punishment and anxiety is giving me a huge anxiety attack.

Tomorrow she is going to see her BFF, Kota, my daughter's pup.
A Greater Swiss Mountain Dog, 1 month older than Kaiya, and they will play while I wash down the interior of the camper, wash the curtains, flush the tanks and start the sanitizing process for the fresh water tank, takes 24 hours.

And then the day aft, Saturday, she is going to attempt, well, I am going to attempt, a 12 mile walk at Myles Standish State Park in Carver, Massachusetts. I believe this is going to be on a tarred road walk so I think I will just bring my simple point and shoot. This is tougher on my knees than climbing a mountain.
The rain is suppose to be done for 48 hours when I wake up tomorrow morn and then temp is suppose to climb 20 degrees to almost 60F, finally! So I can get working on our next home. If I think Kaiya has separation issues now what is going to happen when we stop living in this. We'll be in it for 4-12 weeks at a time. I can not wait until we leave. And I will be leaving for D.C. for a few days and she will have to go to doggy day care.
With all this rain I have decided to go back to my genealogy. I have been fixing errors, adding info and more names on my Baker/Armstrong and extending family site: 

  http://bakerarmstrong.tribalpages.com/tribe/browse?userid=bakerarmstrong&view=9&ver=411

And I have found many headstones, including my beloved paternal Grandpa. I never knew his name was placed on his parent's stone. His ashes were spread on the Mohegan Trail.
I found my more information on my Great Aunt Agnes Lulu Armstrong
And her husband, Charles Christopher Grover
What I can't figure out is why they are buried in Wellfleet, Barnstable County, Massachusetts 
(Cape Cod) 4-5 hour drive
She was born and they both died in Boston area, Massachusetts
I can't find much information about Charles except that his father is Christopher Charles Grover.

Here is a photo I took last July, The Skywheel on Clifton Hill, Niagara Falls, Canada
 

Here is a DIY Deodorant for Men and Women that I am looking into making. I have to break down the cost. I do love Suave's new Tropical and found it is a blend of pineapple and coconut so I'm going to try to mimic it. The only thing is that the DIY can melt so I have some worries about carrying it in my backpack and what will happen with it in the camper. She suggests you leave it in the bedroom dresser where it is cooler than the bathroom. I have found everything I need on eBay, a place I am learning to despise but so easy to find everything you need on one site and usually at bargaining prices. I would love to shop at a Mom & Pop Shop but their costs are higher, with good reason. If you sell the products I need for this item at a reasonable price I may purchase them for you, just let me know. Right now it looks like I will be buying form 5 different sellers. I have been saving my old containers so I will sanitize them before refilling.

Here is the link so you can make your own deodorant:
Kaiya and I sure hope you have a great day. She is whining now. She is really hating her punishment at this point. I don't think I will have any issues for a bit aft this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment