Monday, April 28, 2014

Rain Delay - Great Day To See Wild Life

The weather has been just gosh awful, raining almost every day. It stopped early yesterday evening but will be raining again tonight and tomorrow. So Kaiya and I went out for a 7 mile walk and met many wonderful people and she got to meet a dog the same breed as her but he was a lot taller and double her weight. They got along great and the owner loved Kaiya and her puppy mannerisms. We wished to start the 21 mile walking trail on Cape Cod today but with the rain it is just impossible and on Thursday we will be getting inches of it.
Kaiya is learning that she can't eat food until given command. Due to so much rain we have been hitting pet stores so she can do a meet and greet. She sure has big ears. I guess she isn't going to grow into them. I didn't think she would.


So we traveled along the cement trails, got away from high traffic roads when we could and then found a dirt road for power lines and followed that and there was a ton of coyote scat.

Something had bunny for supper last night. All that was left was brown/grey/white fur.
This is the same rock with the fur. The fur is at the peak to Kaiya's right. We stopped for a water break, just over 3 miles into our travel.

We saw a turkey, an egret and a woodchuck. That woodchuck was huge. Glad I had Kaiya on her lead because she sure wanted to check him out and they are mean bugga with big sharp teeth. 
I forgot my zoom lens at home but just above the tallest tree is the egret looking for lunch. He was looking in a section we couldn't get into. The turkey was much too far to photo and was a female so she was tiny. When we got to were she was seen she was long gone. The storm is blowing in.

And we found a bunch of junk cars. This isn't a junk lot, just someone's collection over the years. I couldn't photo the larger area, too much water.
When we came to the end of the road it was disheartening and I wished to carry onwards to the next town and was going to tresspass through a pasture. No sooner we was 10 feet in and I looked at us, dozen ticks between the 2 of us I decided I have had enough with the ticks and we went back to the dirt road with black flies. If we crossed the very large pasture we would have been totally covered in ticks, nasty, gross. I think they should have extended deer hunting season to try to help the issue. In Maine they extend moose hunting an additional 2 weeks because they saw that they had a worse tick carrying issue than the deer. And since coyotes are more than plentiful now maybe we should start hunting them since they carry ticks and are becoming more aggressive. I don't like to see animals killed. I am a vegetarian so this is a tough issue for me. I hope the scientist can make a break through in many ways for this increasing issue.
Sailboating The Ocean Harbor Poster or Canvas Art 
http://www.zazzle.com/sailboating_the_ocean_harbor_poster_or_canvas_art-228775652152674764
20% off everything today and tomorrow for Mother's Day

I would really like to whip these up. Free pattern here:

We hope you enjoyed today's blog. We promise it will get better when we get traveling. With all this rain we just can not do a thing to the camper so it just sits there with my plants dying from lack of water.

Enjoy your day/evening
Spirit and Kaiya

No comments:

Post a Comment