Sunday, June 21, 2015

Gillette Castle, Sherlock Holmes, Gift Shop, DIY Bed to Bench

Thursday evening, June 11th and my middle daughter and oldest granddaughter come to help me load the last of what I think I want, including the kayak, into and onto Goliath. When I arrive at my house in New Bedford, Massachusetts, I see my neighbors have nearly stripped my yard. Fish pond, ladder, carpentry tools, camping supplies and SO much more. Whatever.... If it makes them happy being thieves then so be it. The rig is so full, omg. I'm going to have to go through everything and unload along the way. We crashed at the local mall for the night and off to Connecticut we are going. But along the way, June 12th, while driving through Warwick, Rhode Island I loose all my dash electronic gauges (happy speed wasn't one of them), oh flippn' joy. But I keep plugging onward.

Gillette Castle, Connecticut, a must see. Parking and many acres of hiking/walking/picnic/water wading grounds are free, castle is $6 per adult, under 5 free, think children are $4. So worth it especially for adults. The actor of Sherlock Holmes owned this and when he passed away he gave it to the state for preservation.
The weather was perfect for wading in the Connecticut River. There are small sandy beaches, picnic tables and bbq grills. You can ferry over by car from a neighboring town or drive to the castle. You can also enjoy a ride on a steamboat and/or train going up and down the lovely river.
Kaiya is trying to act bashful. Don't let her fool you!
One of the many train bridges that have been changed to foot bridges. The actor had a small private rail and train that he greatly enjoyed but has since been uprooted due to decay and most of the rail is now hike trails.

We stayed almost 4 hours and when leaving there was a sharp bend in the road and I could only go 15mph and good thing because here comes a young doe out of the woods and right in front of us, whew.

I forget where we stayed for the night. I believe a rest area. I have lost track of days.

Check out my online shop: zazzle.com/CapeCodGiftShop
Hundreds of gifts available, we also personalize and customize

Glistening Pond Poster or Canvas Print

Glistening Pond Poster or Canvas Print

I love this idea from blog.addicted2decorating.com

great idea! old bed into bench

 That is it for now. Let's see what the next day will bring us. Every day is a new surprise.

 Take care and Enjoy each moment the best you can

 Spirit and Kaiya

The Wandering Gypsies

No comments:

Post a Comment