Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Charles Morgan Whaling Ship Is Coming Home! - Easter Peep Brownies

We have had awful weather for 2 days. Winds gusting 40mph to 60mph with 2" to 3" of rain. There are too many sections of the trails we love to wander that have turned from big puddles to mini ponds and I don't have hip length gaitors. Looks like that will be a wise investment. I just hope a foot doesn't get stuck in the mud and I fall into the 3" to 10" inches of freezing cold water and fill up the gaitors. Oh, I forgot to tell you that I woke up to a snow covering today, yep, only 36F at 6:30am, brrr. I am one that if snow is to fall then give me enough to snowshoe or don't bother. But this morn the sun came out and by 12pm it was 44, lovely. Quickly showered and out the door we went, wet hair and all.

We saw a couple of lobster boats
I have wondered what this ship was for. I was thinking Tuna or Swordfish due to the large hook on the back but I was wrong, it is for Herring and the Herring are running right now. This is the Voyager based out of New Bedford, Massachusetts.

And the famous Charles W Morgan Whaling Ship is coming home in June for a week. So many of us are so excited, including me. I have been on her twice at Mystic Seaport in Connecticut. New Bedford couldn't afford her upkeep and Mystic salvaged her, thank goodness. It was the last whaling ship.
Trolley tracks are being ripped up, train tracks are being put down. Some city officials are hoping the train will run through the city and drop off wears to businesses that are not here yet. What a waste of millions of dollars.

I forgot to get a photo of Kaiya or have someone photo us together, shame on me. A habit I have to learn.

I haven't been making trailer hitches like I should be. If you see a photo on my site and would like it to be a hitch please let me know.
  
Forgotten Canoe Trailer Hitch Cover

http://www.zazzle.com/forgotten_canoe_trailer_hitch_cover-256951168623715055


A great Easter idea from loraleelewis.com 
I'll grab some after Easter Peeps and M&M's when they go on sale since this would be fun to make year round and would be a lot of fun while camping. My mason jars are already waiting!

I know many of you have had some rough weather the last couple of days and we hope everyone is ok. And there isn't much but ugly stuff on the news so maybe it is best to turn it off.

We hope you enjoyed today's blog.

Spirit and Kaiya


No comments:

Post a Comment