Friday, April 4, 2014

How To Get Static Out Of Clothes While In Dryer and Appalachian Trail Story

Kaiya and I didn't do much for each other today. I was pretty ill this morn and needed to rest most of the day.

We helped our friend and neighbor this evening. He had to go for a brain CT Scan. After the CT we dined out for the first time at Buffalo Wild Wings in Massachusetts. I will give it 5 star rating all day long. All the food was cooked to perfection and they made my food to my specific requests. They had the best onion rings I have tasted in ages. I also had a Nacho Burger and they made it with a black bean burger. It is so hard to find vegetarian foods and when you do they usually toss you an ucky Boca Burger. And instead of fries I chose celery with ranch sauce. My friend ordered the prime rib sandwich with potatoes stuffed in it and he was in heaven. For a side he got baked cubed potatoes and french fries. For dessert I ordered cheesecake and to my surprise it came in round fried balls with chocolate dipping sauce, yummy. And tv's, so many you can not count them with several different sports playing at the same time. The service was the best. I did not find one fault through my 1 1/2 hour meal. They also gave me a couple of carrot sticks for Kaiya who was patiently waiting in the van for me.






Now for another money saving idea that is also better for your health. Many do not realize how dangerous dryer sheets are and they should be illegal.


Make a nice ball out of aluminum foil and toss it in the dryer. The ball lasts for 3 to 4 months. I have read several reviews, nothing negative. Some people have been doing this for 2 years now. Also the aluminum will hold some heat and cut down the dryer time. This idea was shared by CanadianFreeStuff.com.

I was able to make a couple of new products for my shop today. One of the lovely pieces are these amazing  Kaleidoscope of Stars Abstract Art Minx Nails.





You can find them here:
http://www.zazzle.com/kaleidoscope_of_stars_abstract_art_minx_nails-256681880673465763


On April 1st, 2013 I was hunkered down at the mountain base in Dalton, Massachusetts on the Appalachian Trail. The following day I was climbing the mountain and was in a 3 hour white out, high winds and several 70 foot trees fell down around me. I did the wise thing and ran off the mountain. My guide book was missing over 600 miles which included all of Massachusetts. I used 3 survival blankets with a 0 rated sleeping bag and still froze my butt off. I have learned a lot from that experience and still learning. I am hoping the Sarcoidosis will not stop me from backpacking or mountain climbing but the pulmonary doctor thinks it will since I can't do deep breathing.


I am beat tired, got little sleep last night so going to call it a night. Kaiya is already asleep.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Kaiya and Spirit




No comments:

Post a Comment