Friday, April 18, 2014

Ticks Everywhere - Easter Flower Arrangement - Sherman Family Cemetery


Kaiya and I slept peacefully last night until 6am. I can't get over how late I am sleeping in. Yes, 6am is late for me. I use to get up at 3 or 4 in the morn. But I woke feeling worse than I have been. The awful celery lump in the back of my throat is almost gone, must be dissolving, and no longer painful but now I have a full blown head cold with a low grade fever and my face is beet red, yep, I am really a lovable person to be around right now.
This is a gosh awful photo of me but I am too sick to make myself look any better. See how red my face is? Don't mind the age spots, or so they tell me that is what they are. I disagree. Now look at the corner of my eye, see the lump? Yep, still hurts now, 4 hours later. A thorn bit me. Kaiya and I went bushwhacking today to look for Sherman Family Cemetery. A woman gave me the wrong directions so we wandered the woods for a couple of hours while it was actually behind her house, grrrr. Kaiya found swampy areas, came back covered in mud and we was coated in ticks, no joke. I bet I got 2 dozen and Kaiya must have gotten some 4 dozen and her coat is too thick to see the tiny buggas or to get them until blown up. Her collar should have them all killed off by tonight but she had an awful ride home. She kept gnawing and scratching as they were biting her, poor thing. While I was taking off 1 I would see 3 more beside it running to her skin. It was like looking at a flea infested dog.
I had to crawl between the thickets and under this fallen tree to get to the open woods to look for the cemetery.
I did find this nifty bottle though. I can't find any info about it. It is 6 inches tall, has a rolled lip with the numbers 17 165 on the bottom with a jar symbol between them. It does say Do Not Refill so it is machine made. Except for the inside being a little dirty it is near mint.
And due to the ticks and me feeling awful I decided we should had back. I have already trespassed on enough properties with multimillion dollar homes and the cops haven't come yet so time to scram and what do I come across? Yes, the family cemetery, Akin and Sherman with a Smalley. Only 6 head and/or footstones remain out of the 11 known buried here. I may have to come back with some tools and clean up a wee bit and see if I can find some buried stones. Of course I'll bring lots of highly toxic tick venom so they will stay away from me. Everyone was born in late 1700's and the last burial was in 1867.
This is a wonderful piece. An Embossed Lily Night Light. It can be found here:
http://www.zazzle.com/embossed_lily_night_light-256391991504401064
What a lovely arrangement for a table this Easter. Buy Peeps the day aft for different arrangements year round. I can not believe how many colors they are available in now and flavors, Party something or other. Is it suppose to taste like birthday cake?

Found on thelawsofmylife.blogspot.com

Have a wonderful day and keep up the good work with that smile on your face! Oh, your frowning? That's ok, we will just flip you upside down.

Hugs from Spirit and Kaiya

No comments:

Post a Comment