Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Play With Photo Day and Catch Up With Twitter

My van was in the shop for half of the day for an oil and transmission fluid change so I got caught up on some stuff and then got too lazy to go out after lunch. I was so behind with email, most of it being Twitter tweets and even though I use a re-tweet program, PuzzleFlip, many don't get re-tweeted and I do it manually, so much work. I caught up with over 500 emails today and played with my photos on my shop. Before I go into that let's see what I can share with you today.

Buy using this gadget, IdeaWorks, I can now get free internet and tell Comcast to screw themselves with their $60 monthly rate. The cost just went up so I had them turn off the switch. It works ok, hangs up some but not as bad as the old days but patience is a virtue. You can buy them in many places including, shall I say it? Walmart. It has a pretty good overall rating. It states it has a 1/2 mile range but I doubt it. They give you equipment to place it outside but states it is water resistant. So how much rain can it handle? Price range $25-$50, you can Google it. I mainly grabbed it for my camper but decided to use it within the home when Comcast increased $20.

This fuel barge was going through the Cape Cod Canal in Massachusetts. It is a wonderful spot where you can spend the entire day there and it is still free with public bathrooms, usually clean. It has a tarred path along the canal so you can roller blade, bicycle, walk, fishing (with a license), picnic, dogs are allowed. No boondocking allowed. Campground along the canal and hotel or two available. The herring will be running within days from now.

And this boat you can grab in Onset during season for a nice 3 hour trip, $15-$20 per person, and they will give you history of different areas along the canal. At night it is a party boat, dancing, singing, lot's of fun. I don't know how much they charge for fun time.

Here is one of my newest pieces I have created. I love the colors. It can be found here:
http://www.zazzle.com/kaleidoscope_art_toothbrush_holder_soap_dispenser-256594526351567097


And if you are trying to save some money or trying to figure out healthier ways to do things this is something I have recently tried, Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent. I can not believe how much cheaper it is. I made 5 bottles and it is only costing me pennies per load. I wondered how well it was really cleaning my clothes and the other day after Kaiya and I did some unsuspecting bushwhacking in the woods and I came out with my light grey cotton pants that now were covered in dirt and green from leaves I tossed them in the cold water wash quick wash and they were spotless. I was amazed. But when the instructions state grind the bar soap very fine it is no joke. I used my food processor grinder and thought that would be good enough, not. You can cook all day long and it will not melt. After I made the entire concoction I ended up putting it back into the processor and whipped it well. Now the only problem I have is I added to much baking soda or washing soda so I do have some residue. I don't dry my clothes so I don't know if it would come off in the dryer. I scented it with a bottle of Vanilla Lavender Oil, yummy. Here is the link to make your detergent:
turninggreensavinggreen.blogspot.com

And her is Kaiya in Barnstable, Massachusetts. She isn't thrilled with the water too much but loves running around on the beach and stinky marsh.

Hope you all have a great day

Until later




No comments:

Post a Comment